November 13, 2011

Marine Corps Ball 2011

Happy Birthday Marine Corps!  Will and I celebrated in New Orleans this year and had a great time.  The keynote speaker, General Kelly, gave a rousing and inspiring talk - so much so, that I was willing and excited to let Will go abroad again to serve - it was really that good.  It's always a pleasure to remember those who are currently serving in the military and those who have gone before.  A review is conducted of all Marine Corps involvement from its inception - let me tell y'all who have never heard this read or seen the list - it's amazing!  I am proud to be the wife of a Navy Chaplain who has the honor of serving with the world's finest force.
While in New Orleans, we had a terrific time - we went to the Aquarium, the French Quarter - and Freweini got to meet one of our friends, Katie, who so graciously took her to dinner and a movie (and bungee jumping!) while we were at the Ball.
PS:  if you notice, I'm wearing my cowboy boots - really couldn't pass up the opportunity to wear them with a ball gown! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment